First Friday this Friday
Galleries and merchants will be open late to showcase fine art during First Friday - April 4, 2014. Below is a list of the participating galleries and retailers this First Friday from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- ArtJamz will offer First Friday participants extended $5 happy hour pricing on wine and beer and 10% off canvas - paint while you party. ArtJamz is located at 1728 Connecticut Avenue, NW. Visit www.artjamzdc.com.
- The Mediterranean Way is featuring a photography exhibition of black & white photographs of New York City by Keri Douglas. Mediterranean Way is located at 1717 Connecticut Avenue, NW.
- Toolbox is featuring resident artist Kiril Jeliazkov and his large, colorfulcanvases. The Toolbox is located at 1627 Connecticut Avenue, NW (rear carriage house). Access to the carriage house is through the alley on R Street behind Cosi. Visit http://www.thetoolboxdc.com/kiril-jeliazkov/.
- Alex Gallery is a leading commercial art gallery in Washington, D.C., featuring contemporary American and European painting, sculpture, and work on paper. And their Gallery A is a membership gallery featuring 16 emerging artists, on the lower level. Alex Gallery is located at 2106 R Street, NW; visit http://www.alexgalleries.com.
- Burton Marinkovich Fine Art specializes in works in paper by modern and contemporary masters. Burton Marinkovich is located at 1506 21st Street, NW. Visit http://www.burtonmarinkovich.com.
- Cross-Mackenzie Gallery will be showing John Brown, "Out of Africa - New Photographs of the Broad Canopies" now through April 9. Cross-Mackenzie Gallery is located at 2026 R Street, NW. Visit http://www.crossmackenzie.com.
- The Foundry Gallery will be featuring a solo exhibit, "Double Takes" by Judy Gilbert Levey. Foundry Gallery is located at 1314 18th Street, NW. Visitwww.foundrygallery.org.
- Jane Haslem Gallery is a venerable gallery located at 2025 Hillyer Place, NW - half a block from the Phillips Collection. Visit http://janehaslemgallery.com.
- The Hillyer Art Space will be hosting multiple artists in their large space, including Kimberley Parr Roenigk, Michael Havneraas, and Everitt Clark. $5 suggested donation at the door. Hillyer Art Space is located at 9 Hillyer Court,NW. Visit http://hillyerartspace.org.
- Q Street Fine Art will be a burst of new color and shapes by Fabiano Amin, an emerging DC based painter originally from Brazil. Q Street Fine Art is located at 2015 Q Street, NW. Visithttp://qstreetfineart.com.
- The Studio Gallery is exhibiting "Floating Worlds" byEleanor Kotlarik Wang, "Lines" by Amy B. Davis, and "An Old Journey Revisited" by Freda Lee-McCann. Studio Gallery is located at 2108 R Street, NW. Visit www.studiogallerydc.com.
- Washington Studio School is hosting Joanne Kaufman and her new series, "Observations: Paintings of DC." There will be a reception during First Friday from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the Washington Studio School located at 2129 S Street, NW.
- Marsha Marteyka Gallery is hosting an opening for Jae Ko: "Recent Works" of rolled paper on Saturday, April 5th from 4:00-6:00. Marsha Mateyka Gallery is located at 2012 R Street, NW. Visit www.marshamateykagallery.com.
- Swann Street Gallery will be featuring exclusive works of artist Robert E. Kuhn and his myriad types and styles of art - sculpture to paintings to sketches.Swann Street Gallery is located at 1767 Swann Street, NW and is open on Saturdays and Sundays. Visit www.swannstgallery.com.
(Credit: Dupont Circle Digest)