First Friday Art Walk - March 6
Art galleries will be open late during First Friday - Dupont Circle's art walk. Below is a list of the participating galleries and other spaces this First Friday from 6:00-8:00 p.m (and sometimes later).
• Alex Gallery is a leading commercial art gallery in Washington, D.C., featuring contemporary American and European paintings, sculptures, and works on paper. And their Gallery A is a membership gallery featuring 16 emerging artists, on the lower level. Alex Gallery is located at 2106 R Street, NW; visithttp://www.alexgalleries.com
• Burton Marinkovich Fine Art specializes in works in paper by modern and contemporary masters. Burton Marinkovich is located at 1506 21st Street, NW. Visit http://www.burtonmarinkovich.com
• Church of the Pilgrims is hosting Essa Neima and his show "Touch Me Not," based on his experience with damaged paintings in Syria. The Dupont Pilgrims Gallery is located at 2201 P Street NW. Visitwww.churchofthepilgrims.org/about/art_gallery
• Foundry Gallery will be showing six new members' recent work: painters Jorge Luis Bernal, Michele D. Morgan and Natacha Thys; photographers Heather Jacks and Gregory O'Hanlon; and digital abstract artist Kenneth W. Minton. Foundry Gallery is located at 1314 18th Street, NW. Visitwww.foundrygallery.org
• Hillyer Art Space has renovated and is open! The gallery is featuring Casey Snyder, Ruth Lozner, and Luis Flores; food sponsored by Circa. Hillyer Art Space is located at 9 Hillyer Court, NW. Visithttp://hillyerartspace.org
• The exhibition at the Marsha Mateyka Gallery features Susan Eder/Craig Dennis: "Mutations/Hide & Seek."Marsha Mateyka Gallery is located at 2012 R Street, NW. Visit www.marshamateykagallery.com
•Q Street Fine Art will be showing high energy and color paintings byRafael Gallardo, bronzes by Margaret Newton, and sculpture by Guillermo Perdomo. Come for the art and enjoy the food! The Q Street Fine Art is located at 2015 Q Street, NW. Visithttp://qstreetfineart.com
Q Street Fine Art
• Rappaport Arts is showing a personal collection of fine artfrom emerging artists to renowned masters in this preserved Victorian mansion. Visit Rappaport Arts at 2008 R Street, NW.
• Studio Gallery is showing "Solo Show: Oxygen," by Sally Levie; "Relaxed States" by Sally Kauffman; and "Transformations" by Kiki McGrath. Studio Gallery is located at 2108 R Street, NW. Visitwww.studiogallerydc.com
•Toolbox presents resident artist Kiril Jeliazkov and his large canvases of energetic, colorful women. The Toolbox is located at 1627 Connecticut Avenue, NW (rear carriage house). Access to the carriage house is through the alley on R Street. Visit www.thetoolboxdc.com/kiril-jeliazkov/
• Washington Studio School is presenting Joren A. Lindholm "Urban Vignettes: Memory-informed paintings and drawings" and Ann Schlesinger "Luscious Fruit/Hardcore Drapery." The Washington Studio School is located at 2129 S Street, NW. Visit www.washingtonstudioschool.org
• ArtJamz is offering 10% off any canvas during First Friday. Paint your own picture - ArtJamz - is located at 1728 Connecticut Avenue, NW. Visit www.artjamzdc.com to unleash your inner artist.
Credit: Dupont Circle Digest